Presbyterian Women’s next Churchwide Gathering will be held August 2–5, 2018 in Louisville, Kentucky! Won’t you join us?
“Arise, shine, your light has come!” (based on Isaiah 60:1) is the theme for the Gathering. Held every three years, PW’s Churchwide Gathering is an event that celebrates and can deepen your engagement in all that Presbyterian Women does. Participants enjoy workshops, tours, forums, resource gathering (and shopping!), plenary sessions with inspiring speakers, worship and more. PW’s triennial Business Meeting will take place just before the Churchwide Gathering (August 1–2), where budget, leadership and programmatic emphases for the next triennium are decided.
Planning for 2018 Churchwide Gathering is under way, so stay tuned for the Gathering speakers, program highlights, opportunities for connection and renewal, and so much more! You won’t miss a single detail if you sign up for Gathering emails (one a month!) with reflections, free downloads, fun ideas and more. Sign up for emails on the bottom right-hand corner of this page!
The Gathering is less than a year away, so now is the time to plan your attendance and encourage your PW sisters to join you! Until you can register, get ready for the Gathering by
- downloading (and sharing!) the 2018 Churchwide Gathering registration booklet to be ready for registration on January 15, 2018
- creating or donating an item to the silent auction (with all proceeds going to the Mission Pledge, PW’s annual fund).
- purchasing an ad in the program book to honor a PW group, project or individual
- making a 12” x 12” scrapbook page that highlights a key person or moment in PW mission in your congregation, presbytery or synod (bring this to the Gathering where it will be displayed!)
- applying for a leadership development grant to assist with your Gathering expenses or
- downloading free puzzles to publicize and raise excitement for the Gathering
- sharing the Call to the Gathering video (embedded below!) with your PW sisters
To ask a question or to learn more about Churchwide Gathering, contact Susan Jackson Dowd.