Presbyterian Women answer the call to be the hands and feet of Christ in the world. Whether it’s by picking up knitting needles to create a blanket for a child in need or picking up a crowbar to participate in disaster recovery work, Presbyterian Women get to work when there’s a need.
Together in Service is a loosely defined mission program; it’s everything that Presbyterian Women does for mission. To be Together in Service, some PW groups offer ongoing support to local church or community projects. Other groups commit to answering short-term needs in their communities. Still other groups provide goods, labor or financial support for Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) mission work or one of Presbyterian Women’s affiliates.
Give to Together in Service
Consider the following types of mission work for you or your PW group:
• Making or purchasing items and sending them where needed
• Donating money to fund mission initiatives
• Supporting existing denominational and ecumenical programs
• Providing mission interpretation and education to the whole church
• Developing personal relationships with mission co-workers
Consider the following programs as guides for your hands-on mission:
• Little Dresses for Africa
• Days for Girls
• Fellowship of the Least Coin
• Heifer Project International
• Habitat for Humanity
• Bread for the World
• IMA World Health
• Church World Service
To ask a question or learn more about Together in Service, contact Kathy Reeves.