“PW Churchwide” can mean two things: (1) the triennial Churchwide Gathering of Presbyterian Women, a multiday event and celebration open to all Presbyterian women, whether seasoned PW or women interested in learning more about PW, or (2) PW’s national board of directors—the group of leaders (previously called the Churchwide Coordinating Team or “CCT”) who have primary responsibility for the ongoing life of PW. PW’s national board serves as the administrative body for PW between Churchwide Gatherings and meets twice a year, usually spring and fall.
PW’s national board includes the following positions:
• vice moderator
• Finance Committee chair
• moderator of the Search Committee
• five regional Search Committee members
• six racial equity members at large
• representatives of PW in the Synods (nominated through synods)
• two young women representatives
• one leader representing new immigrant women
• one representative from the Presbyterian Mission Agency Board (PMAB)
• moderator from previous triennium (ex officio, serves one year)
• PW, Inc., executive director (ex officio, voice but no vote)
To ask a question or to learn more about Presbyterian Woman Churchwide, contact Susan Jackson Dowd.