Learn more about various justice and peace concerns through online book discussions. Every other month in 2024, a book discussion will be held on Zoom—an opportunity for readers, advocates and Presbyterian Women to come together to learn and respond.
We are called to share God’s love with the world, by being God’s hands in the world. We answer God’s call to “do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with our God” (Micah 6:8).
Presbyterian Women in the Congregation, Presbytery and Synod groups respond to local or regional justice and peace needs. Our work can be action, advocacy, or awareness-building—or a mixture depending on the gifts of our groups. In addition to local and regional emphases, Presbyterian Women Churchwide suggests addressing the injustices of
• Mass incarceration
• Human trafficking
• Quality education
• Informed advocacy through
• The United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) and
• Ecumenical Advocacy Days (EAD)
- PW groups may also focus their justice work around substance use disorder (SUD), using suggested actions or prayers or around eco-justice, using a flier of awareness-raising points and suggested actions.
- A list of recommended books and other resources on key justice issues is available to download.
- The Justice and Peace calendar outlines dates and areas of emphasis to guide your advocacy throughout the year.
- Logos that embody PW’s commitment to ending violence against women and caring for creation are available to support your group’s witness. Download a JPEG of the ending violence or creation care logos to create your own apparel, or download a PDF of the ending violence logo to print onto CD labels.
Together in Action Days
While Presbyterian Women works for justice and peace on many issues in many ways, Together in Action days are opportunities for Presbyterian Women across the country to address two specific justice issues in their local contexts. Learn more about
• Together in Action against human trafficking (January) and
• Together in Action for children’s education (May)
Presbyterian Women supports the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s work in the areas of advocacy and social justice, education, hunger and poverty, immigration, gender and racial justice, and environmental ministries.
To ask a question or to learn more about Work For Justice and Peace, contact Stephanie M. Patterson.