Individual Presbyterian Women (PW) make commitments to PW’s Annual Fund (the Mission Pledge) each fall. The following year, PW in the Congregation collects the pledged gifts. Here are some best practices and helpful resources for promoting, collecting and remitting Annual Fund gifts.
The traditional Annual Fund packet was split into two separate resources—one resource specific to treasurers needs (deadlines, procedures and forms) and an Annual Fund Promotional Resource for everyone that tells the story of all the Annual Fund makes possible.
PW in the Congregation’s Annual Fund Checklist
Each Presbyterian Women in the Congregation group will have one person responsible for the Annual Fund (Mission Pledge). In most cases, this is the moderator, but use whatever model works for your group. The moderator (or person responsible for the giving) should do the following.
- Read the packet of information emailed to treasurers of PW in Presbytery and PW in the Synod (sent October 2021). If you did not receive a packet, download it now.
- Order PW Mission Pledge buttons for your PW group. The buttons, which read “I shared my blessings!” are a great way to thank donors and promote this giving opportunity. To order, contact Presbyterian Women at 844/797-2872, ext. 5322. Allow six weeks for delivery. Note: Only PWC moderators may order buttons.
- Create an Annual Fund pledge card for each person in your group. The card template is in the Annual Fund packet emailed to treasurers. You may also download the cards separately here.
- If your presbytery uses the congregational pledge form, after the PW in the Congregation makes its pledge, the form should be filled out with the total PWC pledge and mailed to the moderator of Presbyterian Women in your presbytery (or whoever is responsible for the Mission Pledge) by November 15, 2021. Download the PW in the Congregation Annual Fund pledge form.
- Follow up with members of your PW in the Congregation to receive pledges and forward them quarterly (with the PW in the Congregations Remittance form) to your PW in the Presbytery treasurer. Quarterly payments should be sent by March 10, June 10, September 10 and December 10, 2022. Your presbytery may have a specific form or procedure to follow. If you do not know the deadlines or do not have the form used by your presbytery, email Presbyterian Women to find out the name and contact information of your PWP treasurer.
To ask a question or to learn more about PW’s Annual Fund (Mission Pledge), contact Rhonda Martin.