Individual Presbyterian Women make commitments to the Mission Pledge (PW’s annual fund) each fall. The following year, PW in the Congregation collects the gifts pledged in the congregation and forwards them to PW in the Presbytery, who remits the money to Presbyterian Women Churchwide. Here are some best practices and helpful resources for promoting, collecting and remitting Mission Pledge gifts.
PW in the Presbyteries Mission Pledge checklist
Each Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery group will have one person responsible for the Mission Pledge. This may be the moderator, treasurer and/or Celebration Giving representative, depending on the model used by your presbytery. That person should do the following to promote and collect the Mission Pledge.
1. Make sure that each PW in the Congregation received a copy of the Mission Pledge booklet. If a group did not receive one, let them know to order or download a copy. (Please note that the booklet includes information for PW groups at all levels.)
2. Read the Mission Pledge booklet. The booklet mailed July 2018. If you did not receive one, you may download it here.
3. When PWC pledge forms are submitted, review them and compile a list of each PW in the Congregation group, the amount pledged by each group and the total of all pledges.
4. Record the total on the PWP Mission Pledge form and attach the list of PWCs pledging. Download the PW in the Presbytery Mission Pledge form.
Keep a copy for yourself and send copies by December 3, 2018, to the
- Treasurer of PW in the Presbytery
- Moderator of PW in the Synod
- PW Business Office, 100 Witherspoon St., Louisville, KY 40202-1396
5. Send quarterly pledges from congregations in your presbytery to Presbyterian Women Churchwide (with the PW in the Presbytery Remittance form). Pledges should be mailed by March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15.
To ask a question or to learn more about the Mission Pledge, PW’s annual fund, contact Rhonda Martin.