Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight
By Carol M. Bechtel
Suggestions for Leaders by Laura Mariko Cheifetz
Welcome to the 2022–2023 Presbyterian Women/Horizons Bible study, Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight.
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Other Celebrating Sabbath Resources
Celebrating Sabbath Bible Study
English edition, HZN22100 • $10.00
Large-print edition, HZN22150 • $15.00
Ecumenical edition, HZN22102 • $10.00
Edición en español, HZN22110 • $10.00
PDF download of Edición en español, HZN22111 • $10.00
Audio edition, HZN22172 • $15
Companion DVD, HZN22103 • $20.00
Companion DVD Download, HZN22104 • $20.00
Workshop for Leaders, HZN22101 • FREE
NEW! Celebrating Sabbath Slideshow Presentation: An optional supplement to the Workshop for Leaders • FREE DOWNLOAD
Bulletin Cover • FREE DOWNLOAD
Promotional poster, HZN22410 • FREE
Promotional poster Edición en español, FREE DOWNLOAD
Promotional flier, HZN22411 • FREE DOWNLOAD
Promotional flier, Edición en español, FREE DOWNLOAD
Charm/pendant, HZN22300 • $10.00
Additional Resources via PW Blog
Additional helps included in the Horizons magazine beginning with the Summer 2021 issue. Subscribe (or renew) subscriptions — Call toll-free 866/802-3635 or subscribe online.