Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight
By Carol M. Bechtel
Suggestions for Leaders by Laura Mariko Cheifetz
Welcome to the 2022–2023 Presbyterian Women/Horizons Bible study, Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight.
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Other Celebrating Sabbath Resources
(Several resources are on sale from February 24 thru April 15)
Celebrating Sabbath Bible Study
English edition, HZN22100 • $10.00
Large-print edition, HZN22150 • $15.00
Ecumenical edition, HZN22102 • $10.00
Edición en español, HZN22110 • $10.00
PDF download of Edición en español, HZN22111 • $10.00
Audio edition, HZN22172 • $15
Companion DVD Download, HZN22104 • $20.00
Workshop for Leaders, HZN22101 • FREE
NEW! Celebrating Sabbath Slideshow Presentation: An optional supplement to the Workshop for Leaders • FREE DOWNLOAD
Bulletin Cover • FREE DOWNLOAD
Promotional poster, HZN22410 • FREE
Promotional poster Edición en español, FREE DOWNLOAD
Promotional flier, HZN22411 • FREE DOWNLOAD
Promotional flier, Edición en español, FREE DOWNLOAD
Additional Resources via PW Blog
Additional helps included in the Horizons magazine beginning with the Summer 2021 issue. Subscribe (or renew) subscriptions — Call toll-free 866/802-3635 or subscribe online.